12:30-2:30pm rehearsal at Common House (1 Mountain Laurel Path, Florence). All rehearsals are open to prospective members. Remember to park on the right hand side of the street (as you enter) and not take up parking spaces.
December 10th, 2014 — Events
December 9th, 2014 — Events
The Center for the Arts invites you to the 30th anniversary celebration of First Night Northampton. On Wednesday, December 31st, we plan to welcome enthusiastic crowds to the venues and streets of downtown for hours of entertainment.
The Expandable Brass Band will be performing during the afternoon at the Academy of Music.
December 8th, 2014 — Events
The Expandable Brass Band will join the Hartford Hot Several on January 31st, 9pm at Black Eyed Sally’s in Hartford.
October 27th, 2014 — Events
The Hot Chocolate Run is a community celebration of Safe Passage, the Hampshire County organization addressing domestic violence. The Hot Chocolate Run has grown dramatically since its first year in 2004. This year, we expect 5,500 participants in our 5K run and 2.5K walk. Every runner and walker will enjoy a mug of homemade hot chocolate at the finish line! Participants join us year after year for a fun and festive start to the holiday season.
Sunday, December 7, 2014
3K Walk: 9:00 am
5K Fun Run: 9:20 am
5K Race: 10:00 am
The start line is at the intersection of Crafts Ave. and Hampton Ave, in Downtown Northampton, behind the Northampton Brewery.
October 21st, 2014 — Events
12:30-2:30pm rehearsal at The Flywheel, 43 Main St. in the Old Town Hall building located just off the rotary in downtown Easthampton. All rehearsals are open to prospective members.
October 15th, 2014 — Events
The annual Rag Shag Parade will be stepping off from Trinity Row Park on the corner of Main & South Main St. at 6:00. RT 9 (Main St) Will be closed at this time for the parade to March to the Florence Civic & Business Center where Kids can pick up a goody bag and costume judging will take place. Gathering at Trinity Row will start around 5pm
October 15th, 2014 — Events
All new and redesigned 2nd Annual Apple-a-Day Event to purchase technology upgrades for our Elementary schools.
First 100 Registrants receive Race T-Shirts. ALL registered participants will be included in the post-race raffle including great prizes from our sponsors such as Mt. Tom Ice Cream, Galaxy, Full Tilt Auto Body, Snap Fitness, and more!
Our new 5K Relay will allow 2-3 runners to participate as a team – taking turns at each mile marker. This is perfect for kids for whom 1/4 mile is too little, but 5K is too much.
5K Run & 5K Relay * 2 Mile Walk * 1/4 Mile Kids Fun Run
Sunday, November 2, 2014
1/4 Mile Fun Run starts at 12:15
2 Mile Walk starts at 12:30
5K run and 5K Relay starts at 1:00
All Events Start and Finish at the beautiful new Easthampton High School. Parking is available at the school lot. The road course is primarily in auto-free Nonotuck Park!
October 14th, 2014 — Events
On Saturday afternoon October 25, 2014, the Expandable Brass Band will participate in the annual Holyoke Canal Creature Crawl. We’ll play along the canal and in Holyoke Heritage State Park, starting at 4:30 pm. Come in costume and join the fun.
Parking available in the city’s large Parking Garage at Dwight & Front streets (enter from Front St, Holyoke, MA).
October 9th, 2014 — Events
Hey Everybody, it’s PARTY TIME! The annual HONK! Fest in Somerville, MA, is one of the highlights of our year. This will be our 5th year at HONK! Come to this brass band extravaganza, and hear us and over 25 other bands.
- Friday afternoon Oct 10. HONK in the Neighborhoods. Our band will be jamming and rehearsing with youth in East Boston, and then joining them in a short parade from Zumix, 260 Summer St, East Boston.
- LANTERN PARADE 7:30pm Friday Oct 10, starting from Hodgkins-Curtin Park on Holland Street , Somerville. We’ll be jamming with the Leftist Marching Band and Red Flame Hunters as we march along.
- Saturday Oct 11. HONK! opening ceremony at 12:30. Then a series of band performances 1pm-9pm in numerous parks and street corners near Davis Square, Somerville. We are scheduled to play at 3pm and 7pm. See full Sat schedule for locations.
- Sunday Oct 12, 12-2. The big PARADE from Davis Square along Mass Avenue to Harvard Square. See route map and photos.
- Sunday Oct 12. Harvard Square Oktoberfest. Each band will have a brief set on the main stage of the Harvard Square Oktoberfest (we’re 18th on the list, estimating that we’ll play at about 4:15pm) AND the bands will also be playing all around Harvard Square that afternoon. We expect to play at 3:15pm by Charlie’s Kitchen. See Sunday Oktoberfest schedule.